My name is Gibran, and this is the first post of this blog.
The main idea behind this blog is to create technical articles and tutorials to consolidate knowledge and help other people.
Besides me, there will be some collaborators as well, which will be identified in the credits of the posts and in the About page.
The main areas it will be focused will be Java and Golang, but hopefully we´ll be posting about other areas as well (front-end, mobile).
The blog was created by myself using WordPress, which I consider probably the best blogging system at the moment to create and to host.
I’ve evaluated using static site generators, such as Hugo or Jekyll, but after some experiences I just found easier and more practical to use WordPress.
I’m using some neat plugins that I can recommend, such as:
- Enlighter Code Highlighter (https://enlighterjs.org/) for code highlighting;
- Polylang (https://polylang.pro/) with Lingotek translation (http://lingotek.com) for multi-language;
- Molongui authorship (https://www.molongui.com/authorship) for multi author;
- Ninja forms (http://ninjaforms.com/) for forms.
The theme used was my own modified version of Hestia (https://wordpress.org/themes/hestia/) .
I will be trying to improve the blog features along the way. On my todo list:
- Make the URL for the pages and the post more friendly. Instead of https://codefiction.net/?p=238, the post URL should be something like https://codefiction.net/post-name;
- Improve SEO, probably install a SEO plugin;
- Improve cache, also install a cache plugin.
Thanks for reading !!